Thursday, October 11, 2012

September 2011














Said goodbye to the church, after a very productive three months there.  It has confirmed my resolve to one day have a studio in an old building.  One with character.  You'd be surprised how much of a difference that can make to recordings.

Ian Leaf's music video below beautifully captures some of the nooks and crannies that made up a building that quickly came to feel like a second home to me.




•  •  •





Around this time I also completed my Certificate to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS), something I had been studying since January.  The qualification entitles me to teach Music Production in adult education.  It had been achieved through teaching on the Music Production Foundation Degree at Newcastle College, which was an excellent experience.  Being able to pass on my knowledge and advice to 2nd year students, as they completed their Commercial Production module, demonstrated to me how much I had actually learnt over the last seven years.