Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday 12th February 2008

The repaired Kaoss Pad arrived today, helpfully upended and then dropped from a great height onto my doorstep by the UPS courier man. It survived intact; cue a Kaoss Pad duet. I may have to make a Kaoss Pad album, under my MC SCSSI-SCART Lead moniker, using nothing but samples of amp hiss modulated so much that they resemble a thirty piece orchestra.




















Responsibilities such as booking a tour, cleaning the kitchen and going to the Post Office meant that I took refuge in the labyrinthine catacombs of St. James' Infirmary Revisited's percussion tracks. I've gatecrashed the song with a white transit van, smashed the shop front glass window, loaded the display into the back, and driven off at high speed. Such production approaches make me very anxious: it will be won or lost in mixing. For now, here is the backing track, minus the saxophone.