Monday, October 08, 2007

Wednesday 26th September 2007

This week has seen a lot of work on St. James Infirmary Blues (Revisted). Bec had asked for some choir effects, so I imported the choral sampler I used in Aaron’s Don’t Think I’ll Sleep Tonight. I’m determined to get good mileage out of it, and it’s proved quite versatile since it can be made to sound very different depending how much reverb is assigned to it. Another breakthrough was using the Mellotron plug in during the last part of the song: Luke downloaded it last week along with numerous other harpsichords and organs. I’m sceptical about this kind of practice, since it encourages laziness instead of seeking out your own unique sounds. But the Mellotron in question is from a site that prides itself on proper recordings of each instrument that you can then load up into your sampler. I’m happy with the results so far.